Pear, Prosciutto, and Goat Cheese Tarts
- 1 sheet of square puff pastry, ½ lb.
- Egg wash*
- 2 Bartlett or Bosc pears
- 4 oz. goat cheese crumbles
- Crushed red pepper (optional)
- 4-5 prosciutto slices, cut in half
- AR's Hot Southern Honey
*Make egg wash by whisking 1 egg with 2 Tbsp. water.
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Cut the thawed puff pastry sheet into a 3x3 grid, yielding 9 squares. Place puff pastry squares on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper, and brush squares with egg wash.
- Thinly slice pears, discarding stems and cores. Layer pear slices on each square of puff pastry.
- Sprinkle goat cheese and crushed red pepper on top of pears.
- Bake tarts for 20 minutes, until puff pastry rises and is golden brown. Remove from oven and immediately top with a pile of prosciutto slices and AR's Hot Southern Honey.
- Serve warm or at room temperature.
Adapted from a recipe by The Flavor Bender