Hot Honey Salted Caramel Popcorn
10 cups unsalted popped popcorn
- ¼ cup unsalted butter
- ¼ cup brown sugar
¼ cup AR's Hot Southern Honey
- ¼ tsp. baking soda
- ½ tsp. vanilla extract
- Pinch of sea salt
- Preheat oven to 250°F.
- Place popped popcorn in large mixing bowl.
- In a medium saucepan over medium heat, melt the butter. Add brown sugar and AR's Hot Southern Honey, stirring to incorporate. Bring mixture to a gentle boil, then lower temperature to simmer for about 5 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Remove saucepan from heat and stir in the baking soda and vanilla extract.
- Quickly pour the warm mixture over popped popcorn, stirring to coat popcorn evenly.
- Spread popcorn on baking sheet(s) lined with parchment paper and place in oven. Bake for 30 minutes, stirring every 10 minutes.
- Remove from oven, sprinkle with sea salt, and serve immediately.
Adapted from a recipe by Sioux Honey