Sweet Heat Collard Greens
- 3 Tbsp. vegetable oil
- 1 large sweet onion, diced
- 4 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 2 smoked ham hocks
- 1 cup apple cider vinegar
- 2 bunches collard greens, ribs and stems removed, and chopped into 1" strips
- ½ cup AR's Hot Southern Honey
- 6 cups chicken or vegetable stock
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Heat vegetable oil in a large pot over medium heat.
- Add onion and cook until translucent, about 5 minutes.
- Add garlic and cook, stirring constantly, for 1 minute.
- Add ham hocks and vinegar. Cook for 3 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Add collard greens to pot, stirring to coat evenly.
- Add AR's Hot Southern Honey, stock, and salt and pepper to taste.
- Bring the mixture to a simmer, reduce heat to low, and cook collard greens until soft and dark green, around 2 hours.
- Remove ham hocks. Separate meat and discard bones and skin. Chop ham into ¼" pieces and stir into collard greens.
Adapted from a recipe by Southern Kitchen